Qualification and duty of artists
- Individuals and groups that engage in art creation in Taiwan and abroad may file an application; no restrictions are set on the types of creation.
- The offer is open to local and international artists and groups, excluding student artists.
- Applicants must have at least two years of experience in creating art. There is no restriction on nationality.
Obligations of Resident Artists
- Artists are requires to executive residency plan before the residency period expires.
- At least one art work or project of artist by mutual consent, should left in Pier 2 Art Center before the residency period expires.
- Artists are requires to finish the communication and cooperation plan during the residency periods. (art works, workshop, academic exchange, education programs, community empowerment, etc.)
- During the residency period, resident artists and groups are prohibited from carrying contraband, flammable materials, explosives, and other hazardous items, and must comply with the regulations governing the use of sites, space or facilities in the Pier-2 Art Center. Resident artists and groups should also exercise due care, maintaining access control, environmental cleanliness, and facility safety.
- Resident artists (and groups) should cooperate in art and cultural promotion programs organized by the Pier-2 Art Center, such as seminars, exhibitions, performances, open studios, and other exchange activities.
- A residency program closure report should be submitted before 7 days of the residency period expires and residents withdraw from the venue.
- Foreign artists are requires to deduct USD/ Euro 150 from transportation fees (round trip) as a deposit. Local artist are requires to deduct NTD 4500 as a deposit. The whole deposit will refund after artists submitted the closure report, finished communication and cooperation plan, and procedure of checking out.