Qualification and duty of artists
- Individuals and groups that engage in art creation in Taiwan and abroad may file an application; no restrictions are set on the types of creation.
- The offer is open to local and international artists and groups, excluding student artists.
- Applicants must have at least two years of experience in creating art. There is no restriction on nationality.
Obligations of Resident Artists
- Artists are requires to executive residency plan before theresidency period expires.
- At least one art work or project of artist by mutual consent, should left inPier 2 Art Center before the residency period expires.
- Artists are requires to finish the communication and cooperation plan during the residency periods. (art works, workshop, academic exchange, education programs, communityempowerment, etc.)
- Duringthe residency period, resident artists and groups are prohibited from carryingcontraband, flammable materials, explosives, and other hazardous items, andmust comply with the regulations governing the use of sites, space orfacilities in the Pier-2 ArtCenter. Resident artists and groups should also exercise due care, maintainingaccess control, environmental cleanliness, and facility safety.
- Residentartists (and groups) should cooperate in art and cultural promotion programsorganized by the Pier-2 ArtCenter, such as seminars, exhibitions, performances, open studios, and otherexchange activities.
- Aresidency program closure report should be submitted before 7 days of theresidency period expires and residents withdraw from the venue.
- Foreign artists are requires to deduct USD/ Euro 50 fromtransportation fees (roundtrip) as a deposit. Local artist are requires todeduct NTD 2000 as a deposit. The whole deposit will refund after artistssubmitted the closure report, finished communication and cooperation plan, and procedure of checking out.